I had no desire to run Ragnar this year, but I still wanted to participate. My brother has ran the past few years on a team and each year all the teams need to provide 3 volunteers. I have always wanted for volunteer at a race, so I took this chance to. When we had to sign up and Danny and I were going to do it together. But as the race got closer, Danny ended up subbing in for my brother who was injured. I had to find someone who would be willing to volunteer with me on a Friday night from 8pm-1am in Eden. Lucky for me, my good friend Susie said she would!!
We went up early so we could cheer on Danny. His run was from Liberty Park to Carlos and Harley's in Eden. We watched him run on part of the course, then we rushed to the exchange to see him hand off the slap bracelet. It was fun to be a spectator, but I was feeling a little jealous.
After their van left, we still had a little while before we had to check in, so we went to dinner.
We then checked in and were put in charge of writing down the teams and what time they made their exchange. The bookkeeping was a mess. Somehow Some of the teams had double times and we couldn't figure out why. Because we were the late shift, there weren't too many teams that still had to come through. Which means we had a lot of down time. We talked and laughed and and ate red vines and made some new friends. At about 10:30 we were told that the last team was going to be coming through soon and as soon as they passed we could take down the exchange and go home...yeah!! By then it was getting really cold, so we were happy to almost be done.
| The Time Keepers |
| Run Danny Run |
| Run faster!! |
| Almost done!! |
| Getting ready for the exchange!! |
Volunteering was really fun and I would do it again, if I am not running!!
Thanks Susie for helping out!!!

Yea! I made it onto your blog! It was fun...I had a blast!!!! I just agreed to run it next year...not sure why...peer pressure, maybe? I think I would rather volunteer...but just want to experience it once. But if I suddenly get "injured" I would love to volunteer again next year!
ReplyDeleteI love Swamp people! Ronan and I watch it together. I try to figure out what they are saying without the subtitles. I'm getting pretty good.
ReplyDelete