Background

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

We did it!


OGDEN HALF MARATHON

As posted before, we changed our Salt Lake Half Marathon to just the 5K because of lack of training. There was a month or so until the Ogden marathon and I was going to run and train for it, but I didn't. Danny was better about running and felt ready to do it. I wasn't feeling ready, I kept going back and forth not knowing if I was really going to do it until the gun went off and the race had started. Even when we went to leave the house, I still had my PJ's on and my plan was to just take Danny up. Then I quickly decided that I should wear my running clothes, just in case. We drove up to my brother's house, who leaves about a block away from the start line. I decided to at least walk with Danny over to the start line so I could take pictures, still not convinced I really wanted to run. The gun went off, the crowd moved and I moved with them and once I crossed the start line was when I decided I was going to do it.

Danny ran with me the first .8 miles, that's when the hill was. I told myself that I wasn't going to kill myself and I would walk the hills. I felt pretty good...the first 10 miles and had pretty good time. The last 3 miles killed me. I had a weird pain in my foot that made it impossible to run, so I just walked. And my time turned out to be horrible. 

Danny did awesome. It was his first half and he was amazing!!

At the Start Line


At the finish line...Danny ran under Troy's number,
he couldn't run do to an injury.


Me...walking it in.




In the end, I did it and finished and that was my goal!!


2 comments:

  1. Yay running Carvers! You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your goal was to finish. You did it ! Yay you! A half marathon without training --- AWESOME! (and a little cRaZy)

    ReplyDelete